Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Knitswap

Hello Chickadees,

First off, I'd just like to say how much I love the online sewing/knitting community. There are so many sweet people in this group, full of encouraging words and helpful tips. It really is so fantastic!

A while back, I joined Tumblr in an effort to connect with people that share my interests, as well as gain inspiration. For those of you that don't know, Tumblr is essentially a microblogging and social networking site. I found that there is a very large knitting/yarn-loving community on Tumblr, and it's a great way to have discussions about yarn or patterns, discover tips and tricks from other users, as well as share finished projects without the pressure of a full blown blog post. It's great!

At the beginning of January, somebody decided to put together a round-robin knit swap. We filled out a form with the item we'd like to receive, the item we'd like to make, shipping info, and a few other getting-to-know-you questions. Then the host matched everybody up, and we had 2 weeks to make something we think our partner would love.

After checking out my partner's blog, I saw that she really really liked Dr. Who, and I knew that she wanted socks. And so the Tardis Sock idea was born!

I headed to my local craft store to see if I could find a suitable sock yarn, but no luck! So I had to treck all the way downtown to an adorable little yarn store. Luckily, they had the perfect colour. I used DROPS Fabel in the colours 100 ( an off white) and 108 (tardis blue). I used Keladry B's "TARDIS SOCKS" pattern on Ravelry

Now, enough talk, here are some pictures! 
Starting on the "windows"

Legible letters!

The finished project

A close up

I got a message from my knitswap partner as soon as she recieved them, and they were a hit! I love it when a gift project works out.

Love,
Rachael


No comments:

Post a Comment